Thursday 6 February 2014

Mentors found to make kids healthier and increased earning power in later life - Disney Aim High‏

Disney Aim High 2014 campaign has launched and has Olympic golden couple Laura Trott and Jason Kenny on board.


The BAFTA nominated Disney Aim High is a mentorship initiative that inspires children aged 7-14 around the UK to define goals, reach for their dreams, strive for success and have fun. Now in its third year, the scheme has connected children with influential names from the world of sport, music and film including Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey, Toby Flood, Tinchy Stryder and Stuart Broad. Kicking off the 2014 programme will be Olympic gold medal cyclists,

 Laura Trott and Jason Kenny, who will mentor keen cyclists from across the country. The masterclass will be filmed and will air on both Disney Channel and Disney XD later in the year.

Laura Trott says:
 “My hero and mentor was, and still is Sir Bradley Wiggins. I met him at a cycling show when I was young and he's been there for me ever since. He has helped me so much over the years and it’s so beneficial to have someone so close who you can approach, ask questions and provide guidance. Meeting him at such a young age definitely inspired me to go out there and get on the bike, and now it’s our turn to inspire the next generation of cyclists.”

 Kenny, whose mentor is another Olympic medal winner – Jason Queally, said:
 "He'd been there and seen it. He'd actually lived my dream, so he could answer my questions and give me the advice I needed to get to get where I wanted to be,quickly."

 For more information on Disney Aim High – including details on how to win a mentorship with Laura Trott and Jason Kenny inspirational advice and many other useful resources – kids should tune into Disney Channel and Disney XD throughout February or visit www.disney.co.uk/AimHigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...