Monday 12 July 2010

QVC's Beauty Sampling Day at Liverpool Street Station


Did anyone else get to sample QVC’s beauty pop up salon at Liverpool St station last Friday?

I was there like a shot and on that high stool before you could say QVC and ready to be made over by the lovely and chatty Zena McCarthy, international make-up artist.


So after all that exertion of travelling on the oven baking tube, rushing and elbowing my way through the crowds to bag my makeup spot my skin was radiant and glowing. Well that’s how I imagined it and willed it to look like, but Zena suggested she used Laura Geller’s Matte Maker Invisible Oil Blotting Powder to take away the shine. Applied with its own special fan brush, Zena brushed lightly over my own glowing foundation to achieve a flawlessly matte look with no dryness. It’s suitable for all skin types and the powder is clear so you’re own foundation shade is still intact.

QVC price £15.50.

Then Zena suggested she used Mally’s Portable Palette for the eyes. This compact set is great for travelling or just popping in your handbag. Includes 4 eyeshadows, 2 blushers, a mirror and 3 mini brushes all folded up in a pretty pink cover. There are two colour combinations: Working Girl and Party Girl. Guess which one I got? Yes Working Girl – story of my life!! But I had to admit the colour palette of greys and blues was the best choice for my cool and fair complexion. QVC price £43.02


Next came Laura Geller’s Glow Box to make my skin truly glowing with radiance rather than sweaty and shiny. It includes Ethereal Rose Baked Radiance Face powder and Baked Highlighter. Whilst applying Zena was trying to educate me in the wonders of baked face powder rather than normal powder. I’m afraid it went over my head (or just over my face), but Zena was enthusiastic over it so it must be good. The Ethereal Rose Baked Radiance Face Powder helps correct any unevenness in skin tone and the Baked Highlighter adds a subtle and silky illumination wherever you apply it. The box also contains a mirror and powder brush. QVC price £34.00


For my lips, Zena applied Laura Geller (I think me and Laura are going to be best friends from now on) Tropics Collection. This includes a shimmering Tropics lipstick in a firecracker coral shade along with a City Lights lipgloss. The lipgloss has this wonderful scent of tropical fruits transporting you to a dreamy paradise island and putting a smile on your face. QVC price £20.00


With my face all made up, Zena started on rescuing my nails using OPI nail lacquer. Asking what shade I’d like and suggesting the bright shade of Berry Daring, I just looked down at my nails sporting chipped nail polish. Knowing I’m too lazy to remove it on a regular basis, I asked for a pale colour (the chips don’t show as much). So we opted for the light pink shade (Isn’t that Precious) from OPI 4 Piece Softshade Mini Collection. The other shades are a shimmer pale pink (Pin-A-Doodle), medium pink (Think In Pink) and baby pink (It’s A Girl!). QVC price £14.00


The above is just a sample of some of the great beauty products available exclusively on QVC.

To purchase or view go to www.qvcuk.com

Check out Zena on www.zenamccarthy.co.uk



Written by Karen Grace, personal shopper for www.frumpytofunky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...